Thursday 20 February 2014

I am a pirate

What is happening to me?

I am the dried earth of the Past,
I starve for water to fill the cracks in my skin;
I will rule upon thirst,
I will be the victor of no man's land,
not even my own.

My face has become hardened
and I can no longer tell if the sun
with all its glory
can regenerate me or destroy me
or do nothing at all.

I am the pirate of my own ship
and I dwell in what I've stolen
for years and years
from all the little women
and all the mighty men.

Roaming alone for centuries
generation after generation
my fate has become one
my woes have stormed
causing thunders to strike me
with every step I take.

I despise the sea and all the creatures
for I am the damned one
I am the cursed starfish
that is fated to be shredded and put together
thousands of times as the waves come and go.

I will crawl on the sand eternally
always struggling to not sink
in its moving miseries
and wet surroundings
And I shall not surrender
because I'm doomed to it
and this is who I am.

I am the pirate
the one whose hair and beard is long
and the temper and patience is short.


No comments:

Post a Comment