Friday 13 May 2022

You're never there, You're always there

 I call for you but you are nowhere to be found
I can't tell if you're still there
And then I catch a glimpse of the moon
As I go by the window

While I was listening to oldies on the radio
And dicing some vegetables for a stir-fry
I recalled our conversations again
So few, but so precious, for me at least
Because now it's all I can remember of us

When you leave me alone I fall into a pit 
Of darkness and emptiness
But then I remember that song again
And think to myself with aching chest
Filled with misery and woe:
We did our best nonetheless 
But I was stupid to spoil it all
And you were careless to let it happen

I would surely go back now to that point
Yes, now I would, because I deserve to know
I deserve to see it enroll and not sacrifice myself
Not again at least, I've even asked a girl for you,
So that it would put an end to all the pain
But funny how sometimes it's fine 
But sometimes it comes hurting all again
Exposing the utterly and undenying truth
That I've loved you for all this time.

(you were always on my mind - elvis ; today earlier radiofeels)

No comments:

Post a Comment