Sunday 24 April 2022

It's me you wanted sleeping beside you

 Yes, I know what you feel, that I should be the one waking up beside you and that's why it's hard to hear my voice now even if you love hearing it. 

You'll spend your whole life with that feeling buried inside, that guilt, and you'll remember me from time to time, because there was no one like me to you and she is just too basic. But she is the one you chose ultimately, although you had no option. But then again, had you not really? 

We tell ourselves things are exactly as they should be, just for us not to bother. Yes, I think I did it too. It's a nice life you chose for yourself, isn't? It's at least all I can hope for you: for you to be happy and truly feel accomplished with the life you chose. 

Seen in perspective, some people get to have incredible lives. You had. You should be grateful. I didn't have and can't, but even so I'm so grateful when I think of the love I had and also that you gave to me. 

Years go by and all that's left is these memories that sometimes come again to remind us how we used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment