Saturday 13 February 2021

while listening to Carolina - Carminho + Chico Buarque

 The sound of the Portuguese guitars
makes my soul drown in the biggest melancholy ever
It rips from my chest all the scraps of any hope
and makes my heart bleed with undying pain

All this because it tells me truth in its crying chords
that weep all the disappointing evidences
that I never analyzed on paper against the pros

Sometimes I wish I had never felt what loving is
because it makes me feel the stupidest person
to know that I was already aching
for not being able to be with everyone 
and even so I started loving more than a dozen people
and yet another person that contains all my love
and all I am and life itself

I never took those words about me so in:
"you're the person that is able to love more and more people than every one else that I know";
But now I'm taking it in the worst manner ever.

Why did I have to do undergo all this I don't know:
from not feeling anything to feeling so much.

I thanked you but I guess I shouldn't have.
I wish I was like you and everyone else,
who doesn't feel anything for others and only for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment