Wednesday 22 September 2010

The Philosopher

How I want to be remembered? As a poet and a thinker!
But... I can foresee that there are some things that might make it harder to happen. 
Even if in ten years from now, women have bigger roles in modern societies, I have my doubts concerning the way they will still be viewed by the general people.

Well, you see, the problem is that I am a woman who has spent her entire life observing and thinking, this in a world where it is assumed that women don't think and that instead they talk too much. 
Hmm, I've always believed that communication is the key for everything, to achieve harmony, as Heidegger's and others' philosophies meant it too... well, it didn't take him far I see, and as for the world... I might even risk to say it reached an "over flooded" situation, without even having anything to do with the glaciers defrosting.

How did we get to this point, in which people don't look at each others' faces no more, nor do they know the importance of a simple embrace?
It's all so sad, probably even more just because I am a poet and a thinker. Most of times I think I am unfit; my tormented mind reminds me of a different era, of Poe and Pessoa, where it could make a difference or at least to myself. But then again, in the end of the 19th century and early 20th, women hadn't much power of voice either. Even so, it seems to me, it should be much better than this apathy and indifference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment