Saturday 16 May 2020

I'm tired, boss

john coffey in green mile, "i'm tired boss".

No one tells you that caring is good but exposes you to the mean faces of this world, that will only manipulate and exploit you and suck you dry because they are just hollow bodies with empty souls. We who were born and raised in the wrong side of peace, we never get to really live, only survive despite it.
Dearest you, who unfortunately didn't exist but were supposed to stand on my side all my life protecting me and breaking my falls: I'm tired of having to be strong every single day without a day off because I'm darker and in this world dark is bad and dirty and white is good and pure; I'm tired of having to be strong everyday because I'm female and live under the ubiquitous menace of the violent mankind; ... just because I had to be better than everyone else at school and all just to have a chance of not being put aside for the colour of my skin and for being poor; living in modern ghettos with the modern slaves, being seen like less worthy of living, just because of being in a materialistic shallow world, I'm tired boss. And even knowing that me having been strong everytime allowed next generations to not have to be so strong all the time, and even be fragile and relaxed and free and joyful, doesn't really give me hope anymore as I face the fact that they too have became shallow and careless and mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment