Wednesday 28 June 2023

I thought you were the love of my life

 You were my constant reason to be sad and feel this ache in my stomach. I told you how you made me joyful so many times when you sang. I thought you were singing to me, but you were always singing for her, I had to think that way in order to stop kidding myself. You never told me how you loved me, if you did at all. You left me knowing that you were everything to me and that I hadn't got any joy but you. 

I loved you all that time, wishing you well and caring for you every second. You never gave me a chance to be with you. You were never even in love with me as some people used to say and suspect that we were together. I thought we were together always. But it was just me wanting you, all just wishful thinking. 

I thought we were each other's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment