Monday 9 January 2023

I love you and want you forever with me

 I dreamed you were a little boy 
And though you said you were mine
You told me you always wanted her
Since you were little
That you dreamed of marrying her
So I just had to let you go

But I don't want to
I want this time to be different
I want to be happy 
And have something for me
For a change
Instead of letting them go
And be happy with someone else
And leave me in black

Now I just want to be with you
Though I know you can have her
That you'd be much happier with
Probably more fulfilled too
And that I have less to do with you
But you are, I can see now
The love of my life
Though nothing seems right
And everything is irrational
Way beyond I could ever think of
It can't all be just a fantasy
I just wanted you to be free
Young and happy
As you seemed to be 

So if you think you can take care of me
You can come and get me
And I'll die just to be with you
Just to be able to press my head on your chest
And hear the sound of your heartbeat
Beating for me as mine races too

My last breath will be with
As true as my eyes watering now
Just to think of how much 
I've been loving you
For all this long

No comments:

Post a Comment