Thursday 12 August 2021

Not a restart, but a calm understanding...

 Could we just lay down
just belly up, hit the ground
stay side by side
you in your bed
me in mine
and look at the stars
imagine them there
right where we are

I can hear now my thoughts
and my heart racing just to be next to you
if I can start from fresh and tell you the truth
of how I didn't speak to anyone but you
and that was why everything came by
because it was you and it seemed you needed me
and I ended up needing you

I miss you now, everyday, but why
if I never really had you
or did I?
Can someone be of someone?
We were too close, too much
Every second, even if apart
even if in absence
even if in silence

I took everything for myself
because I wanted to remove your pain
as much as it was possible
just dimmed it a little if I could
everyday, every step of the way
wanting to give you strength to carry on
because there will be the time
when you have all your happiness and joy
all back to you
and I'll still be here always rooting for you
in absence, in silence

Those fatal words that were once said to me:
"Love me without me, as I love you without you"
Why does it have to always be this way?
I'll never know, I just wanted to be different this time
because this time there were moments I was really sure
In such a way like I was never before.

Just have to conform myself with the reality of all as always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment