Sunday 3 October 2021

Our broken hearts

 Remember how we've both got broken hearts and memories?
I used to make everyone laugh and you too, but what's inside of us no one could guess. 
We've pushed through so hard, some days it was easier, we seemed so pumped up by ourselves and everyone around us...

Probably you don't see it this way. You only see the bad aspects that you said. How could you reduce it all to that, I still can't tell. 

I've realized so much in between, so much of myself, so much of you too that I did not know and maybe I thought I did. Still don't know anything. I guess I never will.

You were always a fighter and your constant complaining gets you all the support and care from everyone. I should have known that before, I shouldn't have believed when your friends told me you needed me. Or even you, for that matter. I should have known I'd be discarded too, no matter what, from the beginning; I mean, you do look like one of those old bullies back from high school... And you even have the same name as someone from back then. Someone that I used to love too, but not in a physical way. 

History repeats too often. It gets too tiresome. They all say the heart is an elastic muscle but though it gets to survive and include new people, the elastic gets loose too.

Humans have short memories, soon enough they forget everything and return to their hamster wheel. No one ever changes deeply, to a contrary state of who they were, and become more conscious and more responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment